Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration when Decelerating

Hello all,

Only just joined here as bought my first Hilux 4Runner this weekend and it's ###### brilliant!

I've searched on here and cannot find a definative answer so sorry if this has been posted many times before.

I may have answered my own question but it's good to get other peoples opinion.

When decelerating I am getting a vibration that seems to be coming from the drivetrain but it's not there if I depress the clutch.

I'm kind of thinking that it's the propshaft either not balanced or a problem with the UJ.

Do you think a good greasing could cure it or do I need to fit a new UJ?

It only passed it's MOT the end of Feb and i'm positive a worn UJ means an MOT failure ? ? ? ?

Many Thanks

Nigel

testers cant drive the cars anymore so hard for them to tell. sounds like uj to me too mate.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Vibration

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to crawl underneath it tonight, give it a good shake to see if it moves excessively, give it a good greasing and see if I need to replace it.

Thanks again

Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by nsclarke65 View Post
        Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to crawl underneath it tonight, give it a good shake to see if it moves excessively, give it a good greasing and see if I need to replace it.

Thanks again

Nigel
        It may not show to easy so really giove it some stick, and if it is vibrating then no amount of greasing will make it better. they are cheap enough from Milner or roughtrax
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
        X