1 st time veggy oil user.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 st time veggy oil user.

thought i would try this veggy oil as fuel dodge as i bought 15 ltrs of rape seed oil at 55p a ltr i intend to fill up my tank tomorrow and refill with oil as the level drops , is there anything to look out for or be aware of?only intend to do this occasionally just to see what the effect is.

not at that level,when u get close to 50% mix may bit a bit lumpy when cold,but u will have no probs,if u wanna be ott get sum spare fuel filters as the oil picks up cack from bottom of tank

Comment

thanks for that advice

Comment

Originally posted by soramad View Post
        thanks for that advice
        no prob,i was the same,i just put a little more in each time

Comment

Veg oil

Do not ever use waste veg oil, do so at your peril, you have been warned.

Comment

Originally posted by Eighties Flamer View Post
            Actually, it's OK to use providing it has been filtered and only been used for frying chips/fish.

Waste oil that has been used for frying meat products is no good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eighties Flamer View Post
              WVO isn't so good for unconverted vehicles. With good conversions, there's no big problem.

On an unconverted Surf, you're going to be wearing out your fuel pump and injectors a little bit faster than normal -- WVO or SVO.

Comment

Working...
              X