Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Bad black smoke?

Please can someone help.
    I've got a 3.0diesel surf KZN 130(I think), M-reg, 1996, and chrome bumpers.
    It has a really bad black smoking problem.
    On first start up it is usually fine, but when I restart it, loads of really bad black smoke belches out. I've changed all the filters and oil.
    I did have to "repair" the turbo pressure sensor, which is attatched to the intake manifold, but, I am not convinced it is working correctly.
    Would a faulty sensor cause so much smoke? they are £200 to buy!!
    Does anyone know more about the exhaust valve that causes similar trouble for owners?
    I also need an exhaust for the same..
    Ta.....

Have you fitted a new fuel filter and put in some redex or ATF to give the fuel system a bloomin good clean.Also try disconnecting the egr as that will help reduce the black smoke.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Re

Undo the fuel filter and pour out the diesel then fill it up again with some "neat" Forte Diesel Treatment (brilliant stuff!) or Redex etc.

It won't do any harm!

Put it back on and go for a drive as if you stole it, turn on ECT and turn off O/D!

Do a search for EGR Mod and it will explain what to do.

Gary

Forte Diesel Treatment usually is "Trade Only", I get mine from a mate in a garage!

If you need a new exhaust get a stainless steel one built by Powerflow etc. Beleive it or not it may work out cheaper and will outlive the vehicle!
      Last edited by hellmett; 14 March 2008, 17:27.

Comment

Thanks
        I'll try that fuel treatment, and I'm going to remove the egr completely(now I've discovered where it is) and blank it somehow/temporarily and see how it goes, from the sounds of it, I'm now pretty confident that it is the egr at fault, not the turbo sensor, it so bad that my missus got pulled over by the law the other day cos it started smoking so much.
        I will let you know the results....Ta

Comment

Working...
        X