Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0lt SSRG Aerial and tow bar

Ok ,

After having my 93 2.4 ssrx written off by the insurance company at the end of January after a smash , i have purchased a 96 3.0lt ssrg. Very clean , low mileage , new tyres - running board lights - infact i would go as far to say in mint condition apart from the electric aerial. I can hear the motor turning when the radio goes on but the aerial must be snapped inside as does not go up or retract. What i need to know is , how do i get to the aerial motor to investigate the problem inorder to repair or replace.
    Also , i managed to salvage the tow bar from my 2nd gen , will this fit my 3rd gen - if not , where is the best place to purchase one from ?.

All help with these two issues will be gratefully recieved.
    Thanks in advance guys

Paul

The Ariel mast can easily be changed they are about £34.00 from Toyota
    just remove the top gland nut get somebody to turn the radio on and pull out the old one, feed the new toothed drive into the hole and get some body to turn the radio of carry on feeding it in, replace gland nut.

The towbar will not fit but a Landcrusier Colorado one will plenty of places do one, ie Towsure
    ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by steved View Post
      The Ariel mast can easily be changed they are about £34.00 from Toyota
      just remove the top gland nut get somebody to turn the radio on and pull out the old one, feed the new toothed drive into the hole and get some body to turn the radio of carry on feeding it in, replace gland nut.

The towbar will not fit but a Landcrusier Colorado one will plenty of places do one, ie Towsure
      Cheers for that , will give it a go. Anybody need a tow bar for a second gen 93 surf ?

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
        Cheers for that , will give it a go. Anybody need a tow bar for a second gen 93 surf ?

Paul
        How much Paul.not to much i hope
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I just removed the inner fender splash guard a little, reached in and unplugged the wire, while the aerial was up.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
            How much Paul.not to much i hope
            Not sure really, i will be keeping the sockets and the tow ball ,so it will just be the towing frame / bar. I am open to offers - not looking for that much for it. I would imagine the old postage will be expensive as it weighs a fair bit though.

Paul

Comment

Paul could you pm me a tel number as i know someone that is after a towbar cheap.I was wanting it myself but the truck i just got to break or repair has one on it.Thanks Richard

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                Paul could you pm me a tel number as i know someone that is after a towbar cheap.I was wanting it myself but the truck i just got to break or repair has one on it.Thanks Richard
                Have sent you an email with mobile No , hope you got it ok

Paul

Comment

thanks paul

Comment

Working...
                  X