my hilux has given up the ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my hilux has given up the ghost

i hope some one can help me my hilux started to rev its self as i was driving without putting my foot on the gas it did this for a mile or so then the engine totaly cut out on me when i tried to start it again the engine turned over but was making a clunking noise as it did there is fuel getting throught to the injectors where do i look next ?????

not sure if this helps but...

If memory serves...I had what sounds like a similar problem on an old Landy - oil was leaking into the turbo - and I think was then being burned as fuel - leading to over revving with no throttle, it was quite alarming when it happened.

Comment

more help needed please

that sounds like a runaway engine which is possible but would that make the engine cut out and then not restart and if that is the problem how would i rectify it would it of done any long lasting damage? wot do u think the clunking noise is when i turn the engine over?

Comment

clunking noise sounds a bit grim, i would take the cam belt cover off and make sure it aint snaped.

Comment

r 3ltr ssrx fail safe engines????

if it does turn out to b something to do with the cam belt do u know if 3ltr ssr x engines r fail safe or weather it would b a big old expensive job to get it all sorted?

Comment

i realy hope im'e wrong, but it was the clunking noise that made me think pistons hitting valves,

there is no chance of the bottom end turning without the top and not causing damage.

easy job to get the cambelt cover off and have a look.

stand on a milk crate or simulare
            Last edited by davemaxx; 23 February 2008, 02:18. Reason: mised a word

Comment

cambelt gone,and if u tried to restart,u will have lots of bent things,sorry mate

Comment

Working...
              X