Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Overheating.

Morning.
    I can't believe my luck. I have had my surf for 4 days and all has been great. This morning i got up for work and jumped in the surf . It was about -5 degrees outside, and i set off for work. After about 2 miles the ###### thing was overheating and spewing water out of the expansion tank . I nursed it home and jumped in my other car to get to work. Although the Surf was overheating the inside heater was blowing cold. I am assuming that the thermostat got stuck shut. Hopefully this will be right. Are there any other ideas about why this wouold happen? Also where abouts is the thermostat and how easy is it to get to. I have yet to play with the engine and learn anything about it or get a manual! This is now a top priority. Typical Coldest night of the year so far and my car overheats!!!!!!
    Please help me sort this,
    Jason.

Here's the manuals for you to download

The engine manual is the one for the 1KZ-TE here

The Owners manual can be downloaded here

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Silly question time

Did you buy it from a dealer ? if so tell him to fix it under warranty.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

No, bought it privately. So will be down to me to sort out.
        Jason.

Comment

another silly question, but is there any antifreeze in the water system, you said it was about -5, so the chances are that theres no antifreeze in it and part of the system had frozen overnight, so obviously the water cant circulate round the system and will overheat ,
          PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

Can't really add anything useful to the thread, other than to sugest changing the stat and rad cap. I'm assuming the gauge was reading hot aswell as the coolant overflowing? Could it have been something as simple as an airlock?

Anyway, welcome to the forum from another kent surfer, I'm only a few mile down the road in Ashford.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Hi, Thanks for the replies. I have just filled up the system with water and antifreeze mix, just to check for leaks. I turned over the engine, she started fine (glad!!! thought i may have damaged it!!) and she warmed up nicley, blew hot air out of the vents and had no leaks. Everything seems fine at the moment, but i will have a full test drive tommorrow. I am guessing now that the system had no antifreeze in it, and had frozen up in the night. Time will tell.
              Cheers again.
              Jason.

Comment

Working...
              X