No announcement yet.

Unusual one for the experts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The information I have been given is that a proper cylinder head test is done at around 40psi and the combustion pressure of the 3 litre engine under normal running conditions is around 450 psi. This to me is a very big difference. The head was not genuine but each time was fitted with new bolts and gaskets. The garage closed down because it was not making any money.
    Any company you speak to who pressure test will not guarantee 100% that the head is not cracked even after it passes the test. So there is every chance my head is cracked. Thanks again for all of the advice and burning the Surf was a joke and I need a sense of humour with this vehicle.
    I would love to take it to Stevo but I don't have a trailer or a vehicle to tow it so I am stuck really. Stevo's advice is to take the head off clean the top of the block properly and put a straight edge across the block to check it's level and if that is okay get a replacement genuine head. I have exhausted all other possibilities, radiator, thermostat, hoses, water pump and fan.

Thanks for the help, I do appreciate you taking the time to offer me advice. Simon.

Comment

you havent said if the coolant system has been burped, this exact problem happened to me with another jap engine every time it got to running temp, once burped the problem was solved. H

Comment

Working...
      X