ecu auto-manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecu auto-manual

hi can anyone tell me if a 3.0 auto ecu is the same as a 3.0 manual one,also the 2.4 one ?will it fit a 3.0???
    cheers

there is a link somewhere indicating that the ecu operates the auto transmission, but if fitted to a manual the engin will run but throughs a fault light on in the dash.

read - (2.4 ECU - Auto & Manual) - by saatman at the bottom of this page.
    Last edited by davemaxx; 29 January 2008, 13:25.

Comment

The 2.4 ECU isn't compatable with the 3 Ltr & the manual also. I've just had my Surf off the road for 5 whole months with an ECU problem as no garage could identify the exact fault! I'm suspecting that you have the KZN130 model? If you have an ECU problem, you'll be searching for donkeys, probably to no avail. Toyota Japan have even stopped making them (were around the £600 mark anyway!).
      This guy in Plymouth is fantastic, he fixed mine for £160 ish & it sorted out a few other niggly problems, like Overdrive not working etc.
      http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/
      Hope this helps

Comment

i'll make a note of that contact detail,
        i almost feel like getting mine fixed beffor it breaks, just in case at that price!

Comment

i was looking at a four runner one but sure if it's the same as the surf one?both are from a manual version 3.0lt

Comment

anyone know???

Comment

Don't think they will be compatible?? For Surfs, I am led to believe that the fuel injection pump is controlled by the ECU to alter injection timing. As apposed to 4 runners which utilise mechanically controlled fuel injection.
              Maybe TonyN, Koi or Bushwhacker will confirm for sure?

Comment

cheers for that,i thought that was the case just wanted someone else to confirm,regards dan

Comment

Working...
                X