yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.0 injection pump schematics/who recon's pumps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0 injection pump schematics/who recon's pumps?

As I am stupid/have no fear/don't know any better (delete as appropriate) I'm looking for schematic drawings/overhaul instructions for the injection pump on the 3.0...

feeling the pump may be at the root of the poor running on my recently aquired, soon to be christened the banger, surf.

this is due to all current attempts at finding a 2nd hand 3.0 injection pump failing or does anyone know where I can get the existing pump reconditioned?
    Last edited by dee; 23 January 2008, 22:19.
    Toot! Toot!

I'm begining to think the majority of the tinkerers own 2.4's, a little quiet when talking about the 3.0's...

I sense a gap in the market , I'm getting not to bad on the 3.0 now
    Toot! Toot!

Comment

There is a place in Halifax West yorks Called Feather Diesel who could Re-con your pump, but they are very very very VERY expensive.

Not following your post closely I assume you've read the fault codes (if there are any) then cleared the memory.
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

no fault codes, comes up clean, my mate is going to check the pump timing this evening will take it from there...

does anyone know if the Denso pump fitted to the 3.0 is shared with anything else?
        Toot! Toot!

Comment

well I think I'm getting somewhere now, reasonably happy that the fuelling side of things is all okay, have spent a happy morning sitting on top of the engine (yes really) with a multimeter and everything I've checked seems okay so went back to the OBD, inconsistent doesn't cover it, having difficulty getting the same results out of it twice so begining to suspect the ECU although have managed to get 13 and 14 out of it a few times now....

as someone said it sounds like limp home mode so gonna run it for a few days and keep checking the OBD before deciding where to go next.
          Last edited by dee; 28 January 2008, 15:11.
          Toot! Toot!

Comment

i have a spare 3.0 pump from a 1994 2nd gen manual surf!!!but its not cheap!!!

Comment

hold that thought, I've got some further work to do and I let you know and yes I appreciate these things aren't cheap
              Toot! Toot!

Comment

also notice it gets better the warmer the car gets, is it okay for me to be confused?
                Toot! Toot!

Comment

Working...
                X