3.0 no power, urgent help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can I just say WOO HOO! no need to now

replaced the timing control valve, not a job for the shovel handed amongst us , and it lives and grunts like a 3.0 should, seriously praying for snow now so I can go playing
    Toot! Toot!

Comment

Good to hear, Dee. Can you put up a post on the Aussie site too. It does make a difference doesn't it?

Comment

posted on the aussie site later last night... still haven't had the car out on the road but will do very soon

was going to do a "how to" as I took pictures as I went along.
        Toot! Toot!

Comment

spoke to soon, it's MUCH better but check light is still coming on and power loss with that will check the codes later but I'm sad again
          Toot! Toot!

Comment

still getting codes 13 & 14,

replaced TCV so that brings engine speed sensor, ecu and wiring looms into the frame,

been and checked the resistance of the ESS, had to know now as the remedy for that is to replace the pump but resistance is 225ohms (acceptable range is 205-255) so small relief there, next thing is to check the wiring for the ESS and ICV I think
            Toot! Toot!

Comment

dee, are you still getting a max of 3500rpm, as previously reported?

Comment

yes and no....

when the check light is off it rev's no problem but the hesitation seems to still be there but much higher up, rev's are again restricted when the check light comes on instantly dropping to about 2-2.5k and pulling the car up but can now be hustled to rev higher.

should say the previously reported 3-3.5k rev barrier is wrong, the rev counter has been over reading.

also notice if pushed the car will rev but if a constant rpm of more than about 2-2.5k is held for more than about 5 seconds this will turn the check light on.
                Toot! Toot!

Comment

any more news on this one?

Comment

Sorry Stephen, turned out to be the ecu, £80 for s 2nd hand one sorted it out, goes very well now and more than happy to run on veg
                    Toot! Toot!

Comment

The problem is the lack of a blue star for sure
                      Brian

Comment

yes yoshie, you are almost certainly right, I was intending on sorting that out when I get paid
                        Toot! Toot!

Comment

Working...
                        X