Code 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 22

Hi all last week i asked for some advice about the revs falling and rising on my surf- i changed all filters and oil no joy! Had a computer diagnosis done today and they said that it came up as a 22-coolant temp sensor fault.Looking for a bit more advice:Where could i get one and how much new?Is this problem something anyone has had themselves and did a new sensor sort it.Ive asked rough trax and milners but no luck, my local toyota dealer seem stuck up there own ass and never got back with any help so if anybody could point me in the right direction it would really help.Thanks andy.

Its on the passenger side of the block, under the oil filter near the starter motor

Toyota will get you one, they just need your Model Number and Frame Number.

Price probably between £25-50.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks i'll go and see toyota tomorrow and be very nice!andy

Comment

It is a B###### to find and you'll have to remove your oil filter and probably your fuel filter to gain access - it is under the big black plastic wiring loom cover, which will also have to be unbolted. A part number for a cheaper one (Tridon) is TCS032, but the Toyota part number is: 89422-35010. There are often alternatives on evilBay. The same sensor fits some Diahatsus, Fords, Mazdas, Suzukis, other Toyotas (various models of Avalon, Camry, Celica, Corolla, Hi-Ace, Hi-Lux, Landcruiser). I have just changed mine.
        Last edited by yorta2; 16 January 2008, 08:58. Reason: Typo

Comment

VTXLister (Naughty filters day thread) has just posted a photo of his very damaged oil filter that shows the sensor you are looking for. It is just above that brown thingy (VSV), just right of the oil filter housing. However, it is a bit harder to get to, particularly getting the electrical plug off, on a 2nd Gen, as I said above. By the way, you need a deep (long reach) 19mm socket for the sensor.

Comment

Working...
          X