gear box/axel problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear box/axel problems

i have recently bought a '93 3.0 surf, i am really happy with it but when i put it in 4WD high ratio there is resistence to acceleration when turning sharply at low speeds. any ideas?
    i am also looking for workshop/owners manuals can anyone point me in the right direction?

cheers

:sigh:

Don't put it in 4wd on the road, the Surf 4wd system is only suitable for loose surfaces, It has no center diff in the t/case, meaning if one axle can't spin a wheel, it'll bind up the transmission, resulting in odd noises and broken CV joints.

Read though this for your driving pleasure and piece of mind....

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...ht=wheel+drive
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

cheers mate thought i might have bought a pile of s**t is there any other wierd stuff i should know?

Comment

Originally posted by archie
        cheers mate thought i might have bought a pile of s**t is there any other wierd stuff i should know?
        Yeah, this place will ruin your sleep patterns and social life, and don't eat the yellow snow.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by archie
          Take the blue pill!
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by rich
            Take the blue pill!
            bugga!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

hey Dabig it looks like your website been XXXX rated

Comment

A rep at work who has a '98 3.0 Trooper (which hasnt been trouble) told me the gearbox is about to 'drop off'. I asked him if he knew whether or not he was able to use 4wd on tarmac and said 'its all written on the sticker on the dash' but still couldnt answer the question...

hehehe (but I dont know either)

Comment

Working...
                X