high level brake light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high level brake light

hi guys and gals, another quick question , where do i get the bulb for the high level brake light on my ssr-g ,is it a toyota dealer jobby as i can't find one in the usual places. its a cap less what appears to be a 35 watt bulb .

Stop lamp bulbs are normally 21w
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

The high level stop lamp bulb is a 582 21watt or if the smaller fitting a 510 21 watt.
      Last edited by steved; 2 January 2008, 17:13.
      ionic SURFactant

Comment

mine is an all glass capless just pushes into a connector no twisting no bayonet pips no metal what so ever other than the wires, and the one i took out had 12v 35w on it. i bought a pair of 582 lamps thinking that they would be the right ones from halfords but on removing the lens they are nothing like the right thing, so am keeping them for the indicators and hoping they are ok for them.

Comment

You need this one: 582 capless
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

thanks for the link but i saw those in halfords when i went back but the base is to wide to fit the connector the original is about 13 mm wide those are about 19mm wide presumably to accomodate the 5 w part which needs a separate connector.

Comment

Take the bulb to a motor factors, and they'll match it for you, as they're not displayed along with the regular vehicle bulbs, it's what I had to do for my Celica. They're known as Jap. car bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by soramad
                hi guys and gals, another quick question , where do i get the bulb for the high level brake light on my ssr-g ,is it a toyota dealer jobby as i can't find one in the usual places. its a cap less what appears to be a 35 watt bulb .
                Hi, All you need to do is go to Halfords. They will have push fit replacements there. Best to take the blown bulb into the parts counter. I recently changed the one on my Surf and they had what I needed in Halfords. I assume yours is the same with the high level stop light mounted in the rear spoiler.

Comment

thanks for all your replies, but i went to my local toyota dealer today (only a mile away from me) told him what i wanted,off he went to his comp brought it up on the system and came back with a capless 16watt lamp which cost me a couple of quid (bit expensive) but is the correct one ,so well happy

Comment

Working...
                  X