SSR-X,going again !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSR-X,going again !

Hi all,I told you about the ongoing problem in the electrical section and concluded with the ECU being sent away for testing.The day after getting the ECU,the place in Nottingham,(we can definatelytest it) phoned up ".We can`t test it, but we`ve sent it to ATP in Brum.They make em, so if they can`t test it nobody can.We`ll let you know as soon as poss."Later that day,they are back on the phone."They can`t get it to work.Whats your address so they can send it back to you.Sorry we can`t help, looks like a new one."Thanks for nowt,now wheres the whisky bottle?.So I put a call out on the Partfinder web site.The following day a bloke called to sell me a 3.0ltr engine.No thanks,but have you got a ECU . No.See you.Then a call from a mob called Autotek in Poole. "We can test it for sure.If you can send a terminal diagram it`ll save time".Away it went.Day later they are on the phone."Found your problem,its had a voltage surge and its blown a circuit board.Shall we fix it?, bits are not a problem.Its going to cost £290 for bits,£340 total".Do I have a choice,you`d better get on with it.Two days later its back.I was like a kid at Xmas.Ripped it open,into the car,plugged it in, bolted it in place and connected the batteries.Turned the key and....exactly the same as before.Turning over but no go.Key out, lock the door and walked away,counting.(cont)
    Don`t get mad,get even !
Working...
X