X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confirmation required please

I think my bronze bushes are dying.

Symptoms are:
    Loose rattling sound from related area at 30mph and below. Possibly above 30 as well but maybe masked buy engine and tyre noise. Also does it in 4WD. When I had the t belt done I asked them to check the front-end workings to see if they could see anything worn. Everything appeared ok.

I understand there is an inner and an outer; should I have to replace them, is it advisable to replace both?

Cheers

Chris

Originally posted by Bouf_2001
    I think my bronze bushes are dying.

Symptoms are:
    Loose rattling sound from related area at 30mph and below. Possibly above 30 as well but maybe masked buy engine and tyre noise. Also does it in 4WD. When I had the t belt done I asked them to check the front-end workings to see if they could see anything worn. Everything appeared ok.

I understand there is an inner and an outer; should I have to replace them, is it advisable to replace both?

Cheers

Chris
    Bronze bush tends to be a lot more than a rattle

Jack it up check for play in the wheel maybe bearings.

Try on full lock see if the cv joints are noises.
    Brian

Comment

CV joints arent noises yoshie theyre a vital truck part
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Cheers 4 the replys guys.

I had the bearings tightend not so long back. u recon they may be shagged?

What should happen or not happen on full lock that would indicate CV's?

Cheers

Comment

If you have had to tighten the bearings previously there probable shagged
          The cv would be clicking/knocking much more noticable on full lock
          Brian

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
            CV joints arent noises yoshie theyre a vital truck part
            I you don't get away with much on this forum
            Brian

Comment

I recently purchased new bushes. Before fitting them I measured old v.s new - they were the same.

I completely stripped and cleaned the entire hub assembly and reassembled with lots of nice new grease - all nasty noises have ceased!

So try that before spending £100 on bushes.
              Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

have you tried grabbing hold of the front arb and giving it a good tug just to make sure its not that,if it were the bushes i think it would squeal and grind at all speeds.
                www.overfab.uk

Comment

yoshie - I used to have a creek on full lock but turned out to be bump stops. I bought some of the caps from roughtrax and that got sorted. I do still get an intermittant crunch from the front end on full lock mainly on rough ground (but not always). would cv's make a similar noise. might give the bearings a go as they aint much are they?

Cheers for the tip boyo, might give that a go if all else fails.

Stein - i have given evrything under there a good tug coz its doing my head in. up to now i have no squeels and grinds so maybe it isnt bushes.

Thanks again guys

Comment

Working...
                  X