Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone else ?

had to replace the head on a 3.0 ??

did it suffer from reliability probs after ??

cant be the only one surely ??

Comment

Originally posted by luap
      cant be the only one surely ??

I think I recall reading about one once before. Guess you can kill the head on any vehicle if you try hard enough, but it certainly isnt such a common problem on the 3.0 as the 2.4.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

My 3.0l has a cracked head. A bottle of radweld fixed it. It has been like it for a year now, and it doesn't lose any water.

Comment

Why would you have reliabilty problems after replacing any head on any engine? Will be the same as before the head cracked unless someone has buggered something up doing it.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cracked cylinder heads are quite common in Land Cruisers. Last year one of my employee's bought a 1KZ-TE Prado with a cracked head. In January of this year my own Prado cracked its cylinder head and block for no apparent reason.

Comment

finally got it back today and (fingers crossed) everything seems ok

all ended up as a bit of a bonus really, new head, thermostat, cam belt a couple of hoses and a new aerial, all the work done by my usual mechanic coz we live 50 odd miles from the dealer and they picked up the tab for every thing apart from regassing the a/c

Comment

Cracked the head on my '94 3.0 TD about two years ago - overheating caused it and a clogged radiator caused the overheating so my advice would be to keep your radiator flushed. (Uprating mine from 3 to 5 core though - just to be safe!)
                @africa4x4cafe
                [url]www.africa4x4cafe.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                X