What engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What engine?

My Surf is a 1993-94, 3 litre Turbo Diesel, is the engine a 1KZ-T or a 1KZ-TE ? Plus what is the difference, I need to know to make sure I order the correct engine.
    Regards
    Phil

Originally posted by Bracpan
    My Surf is a 1993-94, 3 litre Turbo Diesel, is the engine a 1KZ-T or a 1KZ-TE ? Plus what is the difference, I need to know to make sure I order the correct engine.
    Regards
    Phil
    If it's a surf and not a 4runner then it will be a 1KZ-TE - it's got electronic magic
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

new engine.....

does that mean you have an old one available.....

as said surf has kzte with electronic bits n bobs, sure others will know more and correct me if wrong but head and block exactly the same. it's the -e on the end that signifies electronic. some other slight differences, not sure what significance though, when I needed a new 3.0ltr i could only source cheaply a kzte tho my 4runner is a kzt. had to rob sump from kzt and change oil pick ups on the kzte.

anyway late night waffle, basically if it comes to the crunch you could get away with either although kzte is obviously easier, more available (only around 2000 uk runners) and prob avail in better nick as kzte fitted to lots of later model toy boaters.

Comment

Thanks lads, at least I know what to get.
        I am not sure what direction I will take at the moment as I cant get anybody to look at it until after Christmas...
        I might even swop it over myself if I can get some idea how difficult it is.
        Cheers
        Phil
        Also tempted to sell it as it is and get something else as I need a car ASAP.
        Last edited by Bracpan; 13 December 2007, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by craigl
          new engine.....

does that mean you have an old one available.....

as said surf has kzte with electronic bits n bobs, sure others will know more and correct me if wrong but head and block exactly the same. it's the -e on the end that signifies electronic. some other slight differences, not sure what significance though, when I needed a new 3.0ltr i could only source cheaply a kzte tho my 4runner is a kzt. had to rob sump from kzt and change oil pick ups on the kzte.

anyway late night waffle, basically if it comes to the crunch you could get away with either although kzte is obviously easier, more available (only around 2000 uk runners) and prob avail in better nick as kzte fitted to lots of later model toy boaters.
          I think the Kzte will also have a mounting point in the block for the electronic timing sensor which the KZT might not have. The easy wat to tell is the injector pump. the KZT will have a throttle cable directly to the top of the injector pump, the electroinic version will have the throttle cable run to the top of the engine and only electric wires to the pump.
          Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Thanks for that, only problem is when/if I get one I will not see the engine until it arrives. But will double check mine and make sure they understand when they send it.
            Cheers
            Phil

Comment

Has anybody have an idea of what this car is worth as it is? Looked at removing the motor today and dont think I have the space etc to do it propaly. As the Garage bill could be quite high I might sell it and cut my loses.
              Shame as I loved the car but spending so much on a car this age does not really make sence.
              Phil

Comment

Thanks for everybodies advice etc. Luckily I have found a local garage ( who was Toyota trained) to have a look at the engine over Christmas. he is hopefull its only top end damage, so fingers crossed.
                Cheers
                Phil

Comment

Working...
                X