my new surf again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new surf again

i bought my surf off a friend so the missing vin plate isnt worrying me but the v5 and mot both have the chassis number starting 1czn but the original japanese sales reciept has kzn at the start where is the number on the chassis so i can double check also where is the engine number stamped my surf is a 94 by the way. Also my glow light only flashes on and off very quickly does that mean i need new plugs? thanks for any help

Dave

Originally posted by bbdave
    i bought my surf off a friend so the missing vin plate isnt worrying me but the v5 and mot both have the chassis number starting 1czn but the original japanese sales reciept has kzn at the start where is the number on the chassis so i can double check also where is the engine number stamped my surf is a 94 by the way. Also my glow light only flashes on and off very quickly does that mean i need new plugs? thanks for any help

Dave

KZN is the correct code. Chassis number is stamped into the bulkhead if I remember, engine number is on the passenger side of the engine, towards the front, stamped into the engine block. (thats where it is on the 2.4, 3.0 may be in a similar place)
    The glowplug light on the 3.0 does flash on and off quickly, they all do. The engine should start straight away after the light goes out anyway, if not, then new glowplugs are needed.

Comment

check the chassis rail behind the Drivers front wheel, Hippo has her's stamped there

I usually leave it for about 10 seconds after the light flashes before spinning the engine (putting the face on the stereo takes about the right time)

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
        check the chassis rail behind the Drivers front wheel, Hippo has her's stamped there

I usually leave it for about 10 seconds after the light flashes before spinning the engine (putting the face on the stereo takes about the right time)

Trev

As does checking your lipstick and hair in the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          As does checking your lipstick and hair in the mirror.
          That only applies to 3rd Gen and Lexus V8 owners
          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

Working...
          X