squeeky clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squeeky clutch

i know this is probably a very simple problem but i just wanted to make sure.
    i've got a 3.0l manual and when i depress the clutch it squeeks on the way down. also when the clutch is down theres a rattle that sounds like its comin from the engine bay.

i havent had any probs yet but i dont wanna get caught with a knackered clutch either!!!!

is this normal or is it dying?

cheers

grynner

Clutches tend to judder at the bite point if they're out of alignment, but they really don't tend to squeak.
    The squeak is probably in the pedal or actuator arm (if it's a cable operated clutch).

The rattle will most likely be the engine. You're taking a bit of load off the engine when the clutch is depressed (no longer connected to gearbox), so will spin a little free-er and faster.

Comment

easy fix

The squeak is just a dry clutch lever arm.Get under the truck have someone press the clutch pedal in and out.Now you will see the arm operating.Just pull the small boot cover back a bit and spray wd40 or crc into there... no more squeak.......easy.....smudge of grease wont hurt.... hope this helps mine had the squeak as well 2 sprays and all good and silent again.....

Comment

Working...
      X