Timing belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt

I was suprised to find that I could not locate any reference to changing the timing belt on this forum. I a need to change mine but I have no reference material and don't know if it requires a special tool for tensioning, can anyone help please.
    Thanks
    SteveT

The entire workshop manual for your 1kzte engine is on the net, just go here: http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

then scroll down the left hand window almost halfway to where it says 'Timing Belt / Removal/ Installation/ Inspection'

Have a ball

Comment

Or some nice bloke to extract the pages for you

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...20Belt%201.pdf
      If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Originally posted by Toyotass
        I was suprised to find that I could not locate any reference to changing the timing belt on this forum. I a need to change mine but I have no reference material and don't know if it requires a special tool for tensioning, can anyone help please.
        Thanks
        SteveT
        Steve.

Just did one recently, absolute doddle. Two things you need to have before doing it, a 10mm allen key and a vice or large strong G Clamp.

10mm Allen key is to undo the tensioner, G clamp is to retract the piston in the tensioner - you won't do it by hand. You then need to put a 1.5mm allen key through the hole that holds the tensioner piston retracted - remove this once it is all assembled.

The one I did recently took about 45 minutes start to finish.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks guys I'm on it!
          Oh! is everyone happy with the Milners belt.
          Ta
          SteveT

Comment

Originally posted by Toyotass
            Thanks guys I'm on it!
            Oh! is everyone happy with the Milners belt.
            Ta
            SteveT
            i always fit genuine belts
            [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
            [size=5][/size]
            [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Not done a c/belt on a Surf, but done loads on high performance cars, and always use a genuine belt - it's the only way you have comeback should the worst happen,

Cheers, Nick.
              "The force will be with you, always!"

Comment

using milners - a ok after 6 000 miles.
                Nili secundum desperandum

Comment

Working...
                X