X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake issue

hi all

is it possible to upgrade the brakes on a Hilux Surf

I have a 1994 surf SSR 3.0TD import and since a lift kit and Cooper discoverer tyres went on (33x12.5R15) the brakes have degraded in performance..

any ideas?

ta
    Iain

Originally posted by buttsoirl
    hi all

I have a 1994 surf SSR 3.0TD import and since a lift kit and Cooper discoverer tyres went on (33x12.5R15) the brakes have degraded in performance..

any ideas?

ta
    Iain
    You can get braided lines from roughtrax, other than that theyre pretty poor by nature
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by buttsoirl
      hi all

any ideas?

ta
      Iain
      What did you drive before these wont stop like a skyline scooby ect
      That said I can lock all 4 wheels with ease so if your brakes are vague then a good check over and those braided lines might be worth a go.
      Brian

Comment

hi lads

yeah I will try the braided lines, to see if I can improve the performance

its just takes a little bit too much pressure from my foot now to get it to stop

there is pressing hard on the brake pedal, I am pushing it into the floor

so I missed something

thanks for your help.....

Comment

You need to extend the Brake Compensator Valve lever on the rear axle . The valve will have closed fluid off from rear brakes as the rod has been pulled up .Extend the rod the same amount as the lift was .
          Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
          X