Daed Flasher Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daed Flasher Unit

Went to the aid of a stranded motorist this afternoon and went to put the hazzard flashers on, they flashed once and died,as had the indicators.
    when i returned home i traced all the wiring,fuses etc etc and even checked all the alarm/immobiliser wiring and found nothing.I eventually found where the flasher unit was(fitted up behind the drivers side front speaker. got a friend round and tried his flasher unit in my surf and "hey presto" it worked perfectly.
    To cut a long story short my local Toyota dealers say they cannot get me one so my question is:-
    HAS ANYONE GOT ONE THEY CAN SELL ME????????
    The nubers on the unit are.........81980-12070 and 166500-0300
    Many thanks in advance
    Paul

Don't dealers who can't use their computers $$$$ you off, all they gotta do is stick that number in the part number application and it'll show them a substitute part no - 81980-32010 which toyota are still using in new vehicles (or at least they were when this version of the EPC came out, not sure if it's the 05 or 07 version i got here) how can they say they can't get it.

If they don't believe you, tell them to use the catalogue code 671550 which will give them a KZN130 JDM Surf as the 2nd option on the Model list and show european part no.s
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Thanx Nero I'll have to try them again tomorrow as they're only part timers round here and shut at 5pm.

Cheers
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger
        Thanx Nero I'll have to try them again tomorrow as they're only part timers round here and shut at 5pm.

Cheers
        Paul

If you take your duff relay to Halfords or any motorists shop, they should be able to sell you a replacement, it doesn't have to be a Toyota part.

p.s. I see demondodger needs a flasher relay too!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          If you take your duff relay to Halfords or any motorists shop, they should be able to sell you a replacement, it doesn't have to be a Toyota part.

p.s. I see demondodger needs a flasher relay too!
          I have posted on all the relevant sites as i need one sooner rather than later.

Cheers
          Paul(Artful_dodger/Demondodger)

Comment

Thanx to all who replied.

Went to a Toyota dealership in Milton Keynes and the kind chap over there sold me 2 genuine Toyota units for £20 so i now have a spare.

Cheers
            Paul

Comment

Got the same problem here, my indicators stop working after a couple of flashes, I'll see what my local toyota dealer can do. I did wonder if it was something more serious but it sounds like it's an easy fix.
              cheers.
              I'm not a complete idiot.......

My kneecap was removed in 1981

Comment

Working...
              X