Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR mod - FAO Chaiwalla

hi there

can any1 tell me if its worth purchasing this black smoke repair kit from ebay? and does it help at all? heres the link.....
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIESEL-BLACK-S...QQcmdZViewItem

if its not worth it do u have any recommendations on what to do?

kind regards mr angry grrrrrrrrr!
    Last edited by Mr Angry; 8 November 2007, 16:37.

Originally posted by Mr Angry
    hi there

can any1 tell me if its worth purchasing this black smoke repair kit from ebay?
    nope
    and does it help at all?
    yes
    heres the link.....
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DIESEL-BLACK-S...QQcmdZViewItem

if its not worth it do u have any recommendations on what to do?
    search 'EGR mod' or 'EGR valve' and you'll find yet another use for a cable tie, you know them things have so many uses, everyone should carry a pack
    Last edited by nero279; 8 November 2007, 15:37.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

dont waste your cash.if yours is an import,do the egr mod by disconnecting the relevant pipework.do a search on this site all the info is there
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

hi

ive looked at this egr mod but the photos look nothing like my 3.0 ltr version from bushwacker! can any1 supply a direct link and procedure on how to do this cos most replys aint very descriptive.

regards mr angry

Comment

I'm struggling to find the pic for a 3.0ltr, but it does hav an EGR and it can be blocked using the same methods, it's on the other side of the engine though i believe but looks similar if not the same.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Do these help?

Lifes a beach, so lets surf!

Comment

Originally posted by chaiwalla
              Do these help?
              Aaaaargh, waaaaaay to clean!

Repeat 10 times...

"I must find some mud"

Paul </Slugsie>
              Immortal.so far!

Comment

hi

when i pull off this pipe i take it i then cable tie the rubber pipe but what about the open valve? do i just leave it open or block it?

kind regards me

Comment

The pics are from someones write up who put a ball bearing in the pipe and reattached the pipe. Other guys have just bent the pipe and cable tied it and left the oulet from the egr open. I went the ball bearing route, had some old bike stuff lying around, don't pay a fiver for one off eblag!
                  Lifes a beach, so lets surf!

Comment

hi

thanks for your replys guys and particularly chaiwalla who supplied the pics. i know it has been covered many times but a step by step guide is much easier that reading numerous threads all with different views that were not specific enough for the newbie. so a simple explanation of the following wouldve been helpful for people with 2ng gen jap surfs.....

1. provide photos like chaiwalla did
                    2. follow instructions as provided by chaiwalla

the information provided on this website is 2nd to none but can be frustrating when people are trying to explain things especially when your a noob (like me) at this this is just my opinion here so dont take it personal. just a little frustrated as i dont have a lot of patience

again many thanks for your help and yes i will donate my money so i can be a full time member

cheers mr angry grrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

theres a link around here sonewhere

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                        theres a link around here sonewhere
                        Brian

Comment

Thanks for the pic - after vacillating for a few years I've FINALLY done the EGR mod !

Unfortunately I have no real yardstick to measure the effect of the mod as my Surf ain't smoky and I've never made any performance measurements BUT on a quick test drive she seems to have a little more get up and go AND where I previously couldn't get her past an indicated 98 I've just hit an indicated 102 and there may have been a little more (but I ran out of room)

NB
                          I NEVER break the speed limit and my impromptu test was not carried out on public roads (I seldom exceed 60mph when driving the Surf)

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                          X