3 Litre Heater Plugs 1998 ssrx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Litre Heater Plugs 1998 ssrx

My Surf only puts on the heater lamp on for about 1 second or less, and the engine has to be cranked over for about 3 to 6 turns.
    My last vehicle which was a 1991 Landcruiser only EVER went over 1 compression before starting.
    Is this correct for the heater lamp or should I get it checked out.

Thanks.

Mike
    1998 3 litre Surf Gen3 and loving it.

forget the lamp....listen for the relay click
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

The 3.0 has quick heating ceramic glowplugs, the light only stays on for a sec or so.

Try it a couple of times before starting it up, if it gets better then new plugs are a possibilty, if not you may have other issues (or all 4 plugs could be rubbish, but its rare, expecially on that age of truck)

Make sure you're getting 12V to the glow plugs busbar before getting to involved, it could be something simple like a fuse blown.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

my 3.0 2nd gen only lights for a second or so but it cranks really quickly.
        If it gets really cold like -4 or so I cycle the plugs 3 times before starting.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Make sure you're getting 12V to the glow plugs busbar before getting to involved, it could be something simple like a fuse blown.
          More like 10.5V if they are an 11V Glow Plug.

Nev

Comment

Working...
          X