roof rack for surf KZN130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roof rack for surf KZN130

Hi there - I am looking for a roof rack for my surf - can anyone help? 07810395530. Cheers. Chris

I'm pretty sure "Thule" do them (you might have to look under 4runner)..I need one too, the Thule one looks fine for those "aero boxes" and maybe the odd surf board, but not sure if it'll be man enough for double ladders etc? Not sure if many surfers have had custom carriers made, but it'll be an option i'll be looking into.

Comment

Thule racks are about the strongest you can buy IMO. Commercial racks may be stronger but don't think anyone makes one for a surf/4runner. The problem on the 2nd gens are that the bars are close together which can make long loads awkward. There is a short roof adaptor available which uses the normal two bars but adds a third bar on 'floating' feet further back on the roof. The 3rd set of feet aren't clamped at all, they just rest on the roof and are secured to the other bars. Weight wise thule racks are all rated to carry 75kg or more depending on the vehicle manufacturers recommended maximum weight for roof loading. I know i have carried more than this on more than one occasion though, with no problems.

The other alternative is fitting roof rails from another estate vehicle to the rear roof section. Do a search and you'll find a few options and there's at least 2 write ups on fitting rails from other cars lurking about somewhere.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Working...
      X