Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts

Hi there

I'm going to replace my rear window motor and regulator on my Surf (didn't like the £300 I was quoted). Other than ebay, does anyone know of a s$$$$py etc who might have what Im looking for (its a '94).

Cheers

Jon

Originally posted by JonDiss
    Hi there

I'm going to replace my rear window motor and regulator on my Surf (didn't like the £300 I was quoted). Other than ebay, does anyone know of a s$$$$py etc who might have what Im looking for (its a '94).

Cheers

Jon
    Hiya Jon.
    You can use a motor from the passenger side doors from a celica corolla hiace mr2 and they will fit straight in.You can use the drivers side motors but they need to be turned 180 degrees to fit but work ok aswell.
    You should be able to get another motor for £10 to £20 from a sc rappies
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

just spent 2 hrs doin mine,my fingers hurt!!!!

Comment

not long had my 4 runner

same fault, get yourself a second hand motor and personally I would buy a new regulator from roughtrax. 100 notes for motor and regulator and it works like new. The old unit had worn and missing teeth

I had a quote from toyota in the paperwork I got with the car and they quoted 350 and that was just a motor swap.

Comment

Yeah.. the repair bills seem to be a racket.. it's being MOT'd soon so I'm gonna do a few bits myself to keep the bill down, especially considering part off the exhaust has just rusted off!!

Cheers people..

Comment

what part of the exhaust has gone as i have got the big main box here going at a reasonable price if you need it.It is a year old but still in good condition
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

roughtrax (www.toyotahilux.com) and milners (www.milneroffroad.com) parts will keep any repair costs down considerably over toyota main dealer parts in most instances.

Roughtrax parts in general are slightly more expensive than milners, but generally better quality too. If it ever needs replacing then a radiator you would be well advised to get from roughtrax over milners. Everything else i guess is up to you.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Wrong piece of the exhaust; but thanks for the offer. I think I can bodge the exaust back together.

I've bought a celica (95) window motor.... hope it's not too different, saw a post on here where the cog was different; fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                  roughtrax (www.toyotahilux.com) and milners (www.milneroffroad.com) parts will keep any repair costs down considerably over toyota main dealer parts in most instances.

Roughtrax parts in general are slightly more expensive than milners, but generally better quality too. If it ever needs replacing then a radiator you would be well advised to get from roughtrax over milners. Everything else i guess is up to you.
                  Over at www.hpoc.co.uk we have setup a 5% discount with RT be warned though the prices on milners site might look the same or slightly cheaper untill you phone up and they say the prices on there site are subject to change without notice. Ordered twice from milners and twice only! There parts seem about 25% more than roughtrax by the time you get the bill
                  Gupster
                  www.cfs-fire.co.uk
                  Cornwall Fire & Security

Comment

Working...
                  X