Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust manifold removal

Hi Guys,
    Does anybody out there know how to remove the exhaust manifold from a kZN130? My surf has developed a loud "ticking" when the throttle is opened which I have traced to the No4 exhaust port, so I bought a new gasket (24 quid from ALS) and proceeded to strip the top end.
    Having removed the induction pipework, the heat shields and the 8 bolts, the manifold still won't budge; Ideas please.
    Smile - it confuses people!

Originally posted by ianroscoe
    Hi Guys,
    Does anybody out there know how to remove the exhaust manifold from a kZN130? My surf has developed a loud "ticking" when the throttle is opened which I have traced to the No4 exhaust port, so I bought a new gasket (24 quid from ALS) and proceeded to strip the top end.
    Having removed the induction pipework, the heat shields and the 8 bolts, the manifold still won't budge; Ideas please.
    if its the side with the turbo then between the manifold and bulkhead is the egr pipe which is bolted to the manifold by 2 x 10mm(i think it is) bolts/nuts and the top one is easy enough but the bottom is a bit more of a pain
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
    X