how can i drain the fuel tank - urgent help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i drain the fuel tank - urgent help

Been using wvo mix with derv, i get about 50 miles and my filter is clogging up , ecu is flagging code 14 . i filtered it 3 $$$$$$ times aswell , how can i drain the fuel tank easily with out fuss , is there a return to tank hose from the pump at all ????

i need this sorted for work monday morning , guys.

Originally posted by internetsurfer
    Been using wvo mix with derv, i get about 50 miles and my filter is clogging up , ecu is flagging code 14 . i filtered it 3 $$$$$$ times aswell , how can i drain the fuel tank easily with out fuss , is there a return to tank hose from the pump at all ????

i need this sorted for work monday morning , guys.
    there is a drain plug on the bottom of the fuel tank,but you may have to take the bash plate off first to get to it i'm not sure tho,and there is also a return pipe from the filter to the tank
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers bud, i'll have a look in the morning.

i got code 14 on the ecu any ideas about that ??? i just took off the fuel filter and its looking ok , not full of $$$$ like the last one i removed.

Comment

TCV (Timer (Timing) Control Valve) on the bottom rear of pump. These can cause problems on the 3Ltr. Search "TCV" on the Ausssie forum for some answers. The Valve has a small mesh filter which can clog.

Nev

Comment

link to aussie site anyone.???

Comment

Originally posted by internetsurfer
            link to aussie site anyone.???
            Here you go

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

thanks alot, i just drained the tank , pretty easily , no need to remove bash plate . drain bolt is right there to be got at .

fuel was brown but no visible bits of $$$$ came out right untill the last few dregs. gonna get some fresh derv and redex the filter , then see how it goes.

damn thing is fine untill i go above 75 mph , seems to be pattern forming. if i elliminate the fuel being suspect , then its got to be something else.

thanks for the help so far .

Comment

Working...
              X