Tunning for power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tunning for power

Does anybody know if it is possible to tune the 3 ltr Diesel engine on my Surf, for example can it be chipped or the boost uprated? Any info on this would be great.
    Cheers
    Phil.

Originally posted by Bracpan
    Does anybody know if it is possible to tune the 3 ltr Diesel engine on my Surf, for example can it be chipped or the boost uprated? Any info on this would be great.
    Cheers
    Phil.
    Most diesels can be chipped, if you look in 4x4 magazine or Total Off road there are a few companies that do this kind of thing. They work by remapping the ECU or fooling it to give more fuel delivery generally. You could also get a variable Turbo Wastgate controller to up the level of Turbo boost, or you could fit an intercooler from a Landcruiser Colorado (Prado) or a custom one. All depends on how much power you want, what you want to do with it and mores the point - how much you want to spend. If you want to use it off road be careful of anything that compromises the torque delivery or curve, you don't want to move the power band further up the rev range if at all possible. Intercooling is a good way to start, larger exhaust and variable wastgate the next I would say, ECU remapping or chipping the last point of call.

Cheers

Comment

try

http://www.allisport.com/home.php

they will do you an intercooler and chip
      ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Working...
      X