gear selector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear selector

hi folks im a new member so be patient & gentle with me iv got a lot to learn,great site.anyway been looking for a surf for a couple of month and i think iv got one its a 1995 3lit ssrx its done 11000kl great condition no rust very clean underneath & inside two things if you can help me with the rear door wont open keys dont seam lock or unlock the door central locking works well on four doors but not the rear.next,when shes ticking over how much vibration should there be on the 2/4 wheel drive gear leaver,none on the drive gear leaver..............thanks again

The T/case lever is mounted direct to the gearbox ,so it vibrates a long wit the engine, the shift lever isn't, so it dosn't rattle so much.

Assuming is a 2nd gen with a fold down tailgate, rear window problems are quite common, the mech can wear so the window won't wind down or up. The key hole on the door lowers the window, then you reach in and pull the lock tab up, then open the tailgate with the handle inside.

If its a 3rd Gen, then the tailgate should open up like any other estate car rear door, and you must have a problem with the lock mech, you need to pull the inside panel off and see whats going on.

Originally posted by vboost
    hi folks im a new member so be patient & gentle with me iv got a lot to learn,great site.anyway been looking for a surf for a couple of month and i think iv got one its a 1995 3lit ssrx its done 11000kl great condition no rust very clean underneath & inside two things if you can help me with the rear door wont open keys dont seam lock or unlock the door central locking works well on four doors but not the rear.next,when shes ticking over how much vibration should there be on the 2/4 wheel drive gear leaver,none on the drive gear leaver..............thanks again
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Also, make sure the glass is fully lowered, otherwise the tailgate lock won't release..

Comment

thanks for the fast reply bushwhacker great advice,its all sorted now got £100 0ff for tail gate not opening ends up it was the switch at the gear leaver...thanks again....

Comment

Working...
        X