yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still looking for my Hilux - how about this one, guys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for my Hilux - how about this one, guys?

Yep, still looking - even willing to compromise in colour - found this one: http://www.carplanetltd.co.uk/index.htm (might need to click on TOYOTA HILUX SURF 3.0 SSR-G, maroon, £3995).
    What do you think?
    No other so far... terribly depressed!

Thats about a grand too much for the mileage. You need to consider traveling a little thats the way to get cheaper, same truck £2995 it would be a goer.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Try looking at these
      http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...arch_full.y=10

The one at the bottom of that page is a cracker i think
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Surf-wannabe
        Yep, still looking - even willing to compromise in colour - found this one: http://www.carplanetltd.co.uk/index.htm (might need to click on TOYOTA HILUX SURF 3.0 SSR-G, maroon, £3995).
        What do you think?
        No other so far... terribly depressed!
        Try this one,,It's £795 cheaper and i can vouch for the owner

http://forum.difflock.com/ads_item.php?id=613

Comment

Originally posted by Veggie Surfer
          Thats about a grand too much for the mileage. You need to consider traveling a little thats the way to get cheaper, same truck £2995 it would be a goer.
          Are you saying, 68000 miles is too high for the price? Trouble is, I really need a trader as I'm after a p/x deal.

Comment

Mine's got the equivelent of 65K on the clock

What are you looking to trade in????

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger
              Mine's got the equivelent of 65K on the clock

What are you looking to trade in????
              It's a red, 2000 1.8 Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin, the Gdi engine, 47k on the clock. Full 4WD of course.

Comment

There's also this one, http://users.autoexposure.co.uk/clas...3913141_1a.jpg
                My preferred colour, I think... price could be brought down, I'm sure.
                Also does anyone know if I could fit 2 bicycles in the boot, front wheels off?

Comment

That looks good man, especially with the warrunty, still a bit up on price but if you need a retailer to p/x, then maybe your only choice, unless (bear with me) you buy a car for £300, runner with mot and tax, bit tatty maybe, sell your pinin private (top money), then youve got a choice of really well priced surfs and a a car to sell, at £300 and a turnaround of say a month or 2, you should get your money back on it.
                  When p/xing you wont get movement on price, just an offer for yours against it, may get him to raise offer but they like to hump you when trading in

No need to be with out a car and you get the best of both worlds.

A bit of manouvreing will get you 2 bikes in the back with front wheels off btw
                  Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Thanks, my friend - appreciate the advice. Can't deny I could do without the hassle of car trading, though. In any case, mu business at the moment is to really find one that's really worth travelling to test drive, so I'm considering this one at the moment. Traders always come down on price, haven't yet met one that hasn't even on a p/x deal.
                    Glad to know the boot will take 2 bikes - it's actually essential!

Comment

Cant guaruntee that your bikes will fit, but its about the biggest boot youll find. Like i say that does look a gudn, have you a knowledge of motors or not?(mechanically i mean) cos if not you could ask on here and someone im sure will lend you some time for a looksee.

But again warrunty hes offering is a good option. Hope you can get a good offer dude
                      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

That loos a nice motor, but £4k for a 13 yr old car is dear, have you considered cycle carriers, there is one tha fits to a tow bar as a bayonette fit,
                        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                          That loos a nice motor, but £4k for a 13 yr old car is dear, have you considered cycle carriers, there is one tha fits to a tow bar as a bayonette fit,
                          Oh yeah, got a cycle carrier - that's what I'm using now on my Shogun Pinin. The point is that I no longer feel like strapping £1000 worth of bikes on the back of a vehicle that anyone can just run into, pull at, etc. Weather is also an issue. There's also equipment that comes with these 2 bikes. And, of course, I'd love a Hilux - wanted one for a long time (since my Id on this forum).

Comment

I put two full size mountain bikes in the back of mine regularly (and a bike kiddie seat, and baggage) plenty of space.

But I take front and rear wheels off. I did try with just the front wheels off but they stick up over the back of the seat so I take the back off as well

Dave

Comment

Thanks, Dave - good to know! Considered taking the rear wheels off too; bit difficult on the smallest-frame bike because it's prone to disc brake rub and it's hell to get it right when you put the wheel back on. No problem on mine though (which is the big frame). Still, got to find the car now!

Comment

Working...
                              X