Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow bar wiring

Hey all,

I have read up on this so dont think i am posting without searching first. I am trying to wire up the towequip tow bar electrics. I have suceeded in getting the lights to work as they should, but when i indicate left the beeper beeps non stop I dont have a light out anywhere what have i done wrong? As when i indicate right i get no beep.

When should it beep ? when reversing?

The colours i have done are as goes:

Buzzer colour Tow bar loom colour Car wire

Orange Black Green/black/silver rings

Grey Brown Green/yellow/red rings

Green Green none

Black White Earth

none Red Green white rings

Yellow Yellow Black N red

Anyone shed some light on this please?

CHeers

darn it the spacing changed when i posted it hope you can still work it out.

Comment

It beeps when you indicate with trailer attached!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

Oh right thanks just need to get both directions beeping then!

Comment

Originally posted by Donk_UK
          Oh right thanks just need to get both directions beeping then!
          Have you tried a search on google
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

yeah it will beep with the trailer on when you indicate but the buzzer gets annoying - especially if others are sleeping in the car. id fill it with glue or tape it up to stop it being so loud!
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I was going to post some wiring pics for you but it won't let me upload them for some reason
              SORRY

Paul
              Last edited by Artful_dodger; 19 August 2007, 23:09.

Comment

nevermind mate I have called it a day on that job lol, thanks anyways its all heat shrinked and soldered and hidden beeps on a left but not on a right, I can live with that.

Comment

Connect in the left hand side. Run a twin wire from RH side to LH side

Comment

I did think about that as soon as I had put the last screw in the bottom panel

Is it supposed to continually beep as you are indicating or just beep like twice then stop? coz its beeping all the time the indicator is on.

Comment

i've been in motors towing and when the indicators were on it was a constant beeping
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

if it dont beep it means 1 of the caravans or trailers lights aint working. which is very dangerous to traffic behind if you decide to manouver - its not rocket science.

Comment

Eureeka! I have a bulb blown on the caravan indicater! just noticed it as I have 3 bulbs for the indicater for some reason! Cheers guys

Comment

Hi donk

It is supposed to bleep everytime the indicator bulbs light up so when a bulb goes on whatever you are towing the bleeping stops on that side and you theoeticaly just change the bulb

Cheers
                            Paul

Comment

It was a dodgy connection to the third bulb on the indicator, means i spent nealry all my sunday playing about for nothing lol, live N learn

Comment

Working...
                              X