Another cylinder head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another cylinder head

recently noticed my surf (KZN130) would overheat if i hoofed it or went up a hill, i thought it would be just radiator blockage from when ive been off road. I am planning on selling it so i thought today i would take out the radiator and clean it properly
    When took off the main water hose just what appeared to be water came out then when i took off the smaller hose (heater hose i think) oil poured out.

Is the oil cooler seperate on the surfs? Does this sound like a cylinder head?

Thanks Andrew

Originally posted by Andy7160h
    recently noticed my surf (KZN130) would overheat if i hoofed it or went up a hill, i thought it would be just radiator blockage from when ive been off road. I am planning on selling it so i thought today i would take out the radiator and clean it properly
    When took off the main water hose just what appeared to be water came out then when i took off the smaller hose (heater hose i think) oil poured out.

Is the oil cooler seperate on the surfs? Does this sound like a cylinder head?

Thanks Andrew
    that is the oil cooler pipe in the bottom of the rad so you will need to top up the trans fluid also when everything is back together
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Are you talking about the AFT cooler hose on the bottom of the rad? If so then its supposed to have oil in it!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The 2 smaller hoses at the bottom of the radiator are for the auto box cooler which sits in the bottom of the rad. You should check the auto box oil level when it's all back together.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Phew

So thats not the heater pipe haha, how dumb do i feel. Which oil level is that because its gunna need topping up lol?? So the overheating could be just a blocked radiator after all?

Cheers guys

Comment

Phew

So thats not the heater pipe haha, how dumb do i feel. Which oil level is that because its gunna need topping up lol?? So the overheating could be just a blocked radiator after all?

Cheers guys
            Thats the ATF oil and you will need to fill up via the orange dipstick tube.
            Have the engine running and foot on the brake and move the gear selector thru the gears a few times and then check the level accordingly.
            make sure all heaters are set to hot when refilling the coolant also
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

So the overheating could be just a blocked radiator after all?

Cheers guys
              Sounds more like the thermo viscous fan is not locking in . Do a search for the repair method on here.
              Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
              X