A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

Hi all, glad this place is back...was getting worried....

firstly....

1./ Im think of changing the rear coil springs for some of the +20% from milner, my question is how to you tell is the rear is sagging ?
    Is there reference points i can measure from ? all i can say is the the roof seems to be level front to back.

2./ what is the maximum body lift you can put on a surf without having to anything else to it (ie brake lines , stering etc etc )

3 ./ if i do put new coils on the rear i know i will have to crank the torsion bars to bring the front up level, i have read somewhere (not here) that if you crank them up it can greatly affect road handling quality (degrades it) and i would be much better getting upratded torsion bars. Is this true or false ?

4./ where are the torsion bars and are they easy to crank up ?
    5./ Can you change the oil while the truck is not jacked up / on ramps easily ?

1./ Im think of changing the rear coil springs for some of the +20% from milner, my question is how to you tell is the rear is sagging ?
    Is there reference points i can measure from ? all i can say is the the roof seems to be level front to back.
    See question 4 answer
    2./ what is the maximum body lift you can put on a surf without having to anything else to it (ie brake lines , stering etc etc )
    A 2" body lift is the max before having to do any mods

3 ./ if i do put new coils on the rear i know i will have to crank the torsion bars to bring the front up level, i have read somewhere (not here) that if you crank them up it can greatly affect road handling quality (degrades it) and i would be much better getting upratded torsion bars. Is this true or false ?
    I havent had any problems with mine and i have lifted mine by 5" altogether and thats 1.5" on the t/bars

4./ where are the torsion bars and are they easy to crank up ?
    heres a link to show you what to do
    http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/tech/torsion_bars/
    5./ Can you change the oil while the truck is not jacked up / on ramps easily ?
    Yes you can.There is plenty of room underneath to be able to get to the drain plug with lifting it

Comment

Working...
    X