Injector Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injector Pump

Hi All, Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the timing on the injector pump, or is it a strip out and refurb. I have cecked that all the timing marks line up at the same time and everything seems to be in order. I also checked all the resistances that the book told me to and they all seem fine too. My symtoms are Fault code 14 (which the book says is pump timing) lack of power and takes plenty of cranking over to start in the morning both of which I have been told can relate to injection timing. If anyone knows of any other checks it would be most appriciated too.

I have just had the engine replaced and I think that the garage that fitted the engine still has the old engine with the pump. Could I get away with just fitting that one or is there anything I need to watch out for.

Does anyone have any ideas???????

Comment

Yes, I think you can adjust the timing, there are marks on the pump and engine block, your symptoms could also be fuel filter related, might be worth changing that first.

I the timing marks are lined up then it may be the cam belt one tooth out, have you checked the timing marks on the other parts of the engine?

Let us know how you get on.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Working...
      X