Diesel Knock/ diesel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Knock/ diesel pump

I own a 95 3.0 Lt turbo diesel SSRG 1KZ TE engine, that I used to own in NZ and personally imported back here to the UK.

My surf has started knocking loudly on ignition when the engine is warm. my usual mechanics say it's the diesel pump and it would need to be sent away for reapairs and quoted me up to £1500 to do the work and get it possibly fixed.

I was hoping that someone might have had a similar experience or might know how I could go about getting the work done or a second opinion or quote?

I would hate to sell off my truck for parts since I've been up snowy mountains and deserted beaches in NZ.

Originally posted by bikeandsurf
    I own a 95 3.0 Lt turbo diesel SSRG 1KZ TE engine, that I used to own in NZ and personally imported back here to the UK.

My surf has started knocking loudly on ignition when the engine is warm. my usual mechanics say it's the diesel pump and it would need to be sent away for reapairs and quoted me up to £1500 to do the work and get it possibly fixed.

I was hoping that someone might have had a similar experience or might know how I could go about getting the work done or a second opinion or quote?

I would hate to sell off my truck for parts since I've been up snowy mountains and deserted beaches in NZ.

I would check the timing marks are aligned first and the the timing belt hasn't jumped a tooth on the fuel pump.
    If it is the pump thats faulty, it would be much cheaper to buy a second hand one off someone breaking a Surf in the 'parts' section on here or even Ebay.

Comment

Cheers Vice, will check it out as soon as I can.

Pete.

Comment

Originally posted by bikeandsurf
        Cheers Vice, will check it out as soon as I can.

Pete.
        Vice??????

Bushwacker, does he know something we don't

..... or is it just you have a grip on everything surf
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Ain't it the truth! He He

Sorry Vince, It was a bit late when I replied!!

Comment

Working...
          X