yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake Master Cylinder Repair Kit. Where?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Master Cylinder Repair Kit. Where?.

Hey guys, signed up to the forum for a bit of advice. Next week i'll be servicing my sisters 1993 SSR-X 3.0TD again and lately she's been having trouble with the brakes which seems master cylinder related.

I've looked on Roughtrax and Milners and nobody seems to list a repair kit, although i know people on here have fitted them so the question is, where can i get one?.

I'll be ringing around some local motor factors on monday but given the response i've had off them before when it comes to imports i'm not holding out much hope.

Thanks in advance!.

I've looked on Roughtrax and Milners and nobody seems to list a repair kit, although i know people on here have fitted them so the question is, where can i get one?.
    I got a Repair kit from Milner for the pickup but saw no listing for a surf as you say. Someone will be along in a minute with the answer. Or call Milner on Monday.
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

if you find one please let me know I need to sort mine out!
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Could try here... http://www.brakesint.co.uk/
        -=I swear to drunk I'm not god=-

Comment

hi guys,
          have you checked the brake flexi pipes,
          as ive seen it before when the brake seems spongy the flexis pop out like the size of an egg,
          or is the problem just bleeding them up as i had that problem before,
          i have found the only way they bleed up properly is the old fashioned way 2 people up down up down ect
          the secret to bleeding up the surfs is not to push the pedal all the way to the floor only push it half way as when in use the pedal never goes past the half way mark i always put my left foot under the brake pedal and pump the pedal with my right foot while my mate is underneath getting covered in brake fluid,
          ha ha ha,
          i know it sound crazy but ive spent hours on my own trying to bleed the surfs rear brakes useing an eazi bleeder and i have bought a new master cylinder and still had the same problem so i know it does work and i have a spare brake master cylinder if yours really is knackered

Comment

Originally posted by supersurf
            hi guys,
            have you checked the brake flexi pipes,
            as ive seen it before when the brake seems spongy the flexis pop out like the size of an egg,
            or is the problem just bleeding them up as i had that problem before,
            i have found the only way they bleed up properly is the old fashioned way 2 people up down up down ect
            the secret to bleeding up the surfs is not to push the pedal all the way to the floor only push it half way as when in use the pedal never goes past the half way mark i always put my left foot under the brake pedal and pump the pedal with my right foot while my mate is underneath getting covered in brake fluid,
            ha ha ha,
            i know it sound crazy but ive spent hours on my own trying to bleed the surfs rear brakes useing an eazi bleeder and i have bought a new master cylinder and still had the same problem so i know it does work and i have a spare brake master cylinder if yours really is knackered

ill give that a go and check the pipes - cheers mate/
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Gave up looking for a repair kit and ordered the master cylinder today from Toyota...£217-odd inc the VAT...

Comment

Originally posted by jon bda
                Gave up looking for a repair kit and ordered the master cylinder today from Toyota...£217-odd inc the VAT...
                Dear God!

Comment

Originally posted by toyotav84x4
                  Dear God!
                  Well, at the end of the day brakes ain't something to be mucked about with...if it needs it, its got to have it. Much better to spend a few quid putting it right than find out they've gone totally with the kids and the dogs in the Surf, plus the horsebox on the back!.

Comment

There is nothing finer than the smell of brand new parts
                    Good luck with the repair and safe driving. Aftermarket Master Cylinders can be a bit dodgy as they are not 100% identical to the original. Genuine is best.

Comment

Working...
                    X