how much can i put in my trailer help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much can i put in my trailer help

hi could any body please tell me the legal weight you can pull in a trailer with a hilux surf: cheers dougie

1500kg ish for a 2nd gen i think, if you go to www.toyotahilux.com select your model and there's a tech. data sheet on their site.

this is for the 2.4 2nd gen http://www.toyotahilux.com/media.php?file=1111
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

theres not really any official data for it so you can go with anything up to the weight of the car really (around 2000kgs).
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I know that Tony and Linda have towed another Surf on a big trailer behind The Bullet. Fitting a transmission cooler is a good thing for heavy towing.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
          I know that Tony and Linda have towed another Surf on a big trailer behind The Bullet. Fitting a transmission cooler is a good thing for heavy towing.
          Yeah, they love it! Its gets a little warm on long hill though. 1500kg is pretty much the max without any hassle, over that will cause it to warm up on long hills, turning all the heaters on keeps it down.

After we fitted the ATF cooler it was better, then we fitted 33" tyres and it got hot again on hills, then it got re-geared and its fine again. It only starts to heat with 2000kg+ trailers now.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I managed to tow Sledge's surf for quite a distance, it was the hill near the end that got mine a little hot under the collar. Might get me one of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fluidyne-Heavy...QQcmdZViewItem when I stop buying other stuff first.
            Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

A lot of it comes down to the gross weight of the trailer
              if its a halfrauds special with no brakes you can only go to a max of 750kg including the trailer and you can only tow at 50mph. Any thing over that has to be braked and the max weight should be posted on a plate on the trailer also taking into the equation the gross train weight of the towing vehicle. with the trailer braked you can tow at 60mph.

If in doubt take it to a weigh station and they will be glad to advise you what you can tow or not. The average cost of going on a bridge is £6
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Hi all, New to the site and the whole surf scene, just in the process of hunting one down at the minute. My reason for a surf is mostly for towing. This is why i have responded to this thread. I am looking for a 3rd generation model in manual transmission. I tow a caravan a lot and am wondering if the surf is going to do my job. I am about to change the caravan for a twin axle model the gross laiden weight is 1900kg. Would the surf be a wise choice for me??

Best Regards

Derek............

Comment

2002kg according to Toyota

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...k99/cat-10.jpg

Comment

Working...
                  X