CV joint boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CV joint boot.

Sorry, another question, Can you get split rubber boots for CV joint so you don't have to take the whole lot off? If so, where can you get them?

you can buy a universal split boot with glue gloves n all from most motor factors, but i would only use them for emergency,s and replace with full boot asap.
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Hi Matey

I wouldn't touch them things with a barge pole. Proper ones are not difficult to change.

I made it hard for myself first time I took the drive shaft from the hub and refitted you can do them from the back.

I should have asked on here before I started.

I have changed too many of the split types that people have put on themselves for proper ones to be suspicous of them.

Cheers JB
      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Thanx Highlander! Would it be to much to ask for a brief decription of how to do it?
        By the way, I noticed you have a ZZR 1100, Ive been looking on ebay at a few as I've started some work in Battersea and it's a bitch of a journey! Have you been happy with yours? I sold my Thunderace a couple of months ago as I didn't use it.....silly me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobafet
          Thanx Highlander! Would it be to much to ask for a brief decription of how to do it?
          By the way, I noticed you have a ZZR 1100, Ive been looking on ebay at a few as I've started some work in Battersea and it's a bitch of a journey! Have you been happy with yours? I sold my Thunderace a couple of months ago as I didn't use it.....silly me.
          Yes mate I have to say that I've had it from new and would never sell it best bike ever.

bullet proof and will go for miles did a trip to Portsmouth last week 596 miles each way no problems bit cold an numb due to weather but otherwise no hastle.

Let me know when you find one and I'll tell you what to look for they have their faults if not looked after like anything else.

Did 12 countries 9 capital cities in 14days last year across Eastern Europe
          with our club. The other lads apart from one guy with a Black bird and one with an Sv twin found it really hard going.

The Sv was less comfortable and got less miles to the tank but the old ZZR 1100 was just as good as the Black Bird but a lot cheaper.

Happy hunting.

Cheers JB
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
          X