X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diffs....

Hi All...

ive recently ported the 3.0TD lump from a 4runner in to my hilux pickup

can anyone confirm or deny that the diffs from the 4 runner would fit in the pickup axles?...they are lsd (the pickup isnt) so would be a nice upgrade if it was possable?..

thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Cheers

Sparkz
    sparkz
    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

Originally posted by sparkz
    Hi All...

ive recently ported the 3.0TD lump from a 4runner in to my hilux pickup

can anyone confirm or deny that the diffs from the 4 runner would fit in the pickup axles?...they are lsd (the pickup isnt) so would be a nice upgrade if it was possable?..

thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Cheers

Sparkz
    The rear will do, we currently have a MK1 pickup diff in the back of Linda's Surf. Toyota do have two different spline counts on the half shafts for 8" axles, but I've not had any issues before.

Front won't fit though, the front IFS is a 7 1/2" diff, Pickups with solid axles use the same 8" diff as the rear.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      The rear will do, we currently have a MK1 pickup diff in the back of Linda's Surf. Toyota do have two different spline counts on the half shafts for 8" axles, but I've not had any issues before.

Front won't fit though, the front IFS is a 7 1/2" diff, Pickups with solid axles use the same 8" diff as the rear.

Hi Tony...i thought this might be the case...im assuming another rear on the front would do the job?

thanks for your help...

Sparkz
      sparkz

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
        Hi Tony...i thought this might be the case...im assuming another rear on the front would do the job?

thanks for your help...

Sparkz
        Yeah it would, obviously if you could find the same gearing. Also any Surf diff from 90/91'ish on should be a stronger 4 pinion diff than the 2 pinion diff the pickups use.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Yeah it would, obviously if you could find the same gearing. Also any Surf diff from 90/91'ish on should be a stronger 4 pinion diff than the 2 pinion diff the pickups use.
          ahhh..interesting stuff..well ill go back to the drawing board...figure out what ratios i have now...what ratios the 4runner had...and see if its a worthwhile venture trying to obtain another one the same...its a shame about that front diff tho...im getting quite a collection!

currently running the 3.0TD with the stock pickup axles and 35" tires and strangley enough..the gearing isnt so bad..ive yet to figure out the speed im travling at...but its happy cruising on the motorway in 5th at about 3000rpm

Cheers..

sparkz
          sparkz

Comment

Working...
          X