atf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atf

another quick question, i did search, but i couldnt find the post that has the fluids capacities chart.

i'm about to change the atf , how much do i need to buy. and do i need dextron III?,

Originally posted by IIIrd
    another quick question, i did search, but i couldnt find the post that has the fluids capacities chart.

i'm about to change the atf , how much do i need to buy. and do i need dextron III?,

NO. The ATF you need for your motor is Dextron II.

I did mine yesterday. Drain the auto box, then start engine and put leaver in all the different gears and switch off. You will get some more oil out that way. To refil I used around 4.5lts. Give it a good run to heat the oil and then check with engine running.

Comment

I thought dextron III was fine? Its just the latest version of II is it not?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg

Dave

Correct.
        Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

Originally posted by IIIrd

Yep, dextron III

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/30lt.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg

Dave
            A bit of Matt F coming out in me its DEXRON
            Trust your Hound.

Comment

dextron sounds better

Comment

Got this off a website.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...11/ai_n8822473

Does DEXRON-III supersede DEXRON-II in all applications? Maybe in the world of GM it does, but not all other carmakers agree. Honda/Acura, Audi/Volkswagen and Mazda are among the manufacturers that sav not to use DEXRON-III, even in their '98 models. Nissan and Infiniti say that DEXRON-III is okay after the warranty expires, and Chrysler as yet is reluctant to recommend DEXRON-III retroactively for older models that originally used DEXRON-II. The differences between DEXRON-II and DEXRON-III are mostly related to "lifetime" service intervals of several recent GM transmissions, and it's likely that other vehicle manufacturers will require similar changes as they move toward extended service intervals.

Comment

Working...
                X