Valve Clearances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Clearances

Hell ALL, I need to do my valve clearances on my 96 3.0 4runner the Haynes manual says that the clearnace should be 25 inlet 45 exhaust, however the manual is not for the UK 4runner and upon looking at the pictures the inlet and exhaust valves are in the wrong places!!

rang local toyota garage they will not supply valve clearance details spoke to toyota in Epsom Surrey they cannot help either

Any ideas?
    THE ORIGINAL CRAZY BITCH!

Originally posted by crazybitch
    Hell ALL, I need to do my valve clearances on my 96 3.0 4runner the Haynes manual says that the clearnace should be 25 inlet 45 exhaust, however the manual is not for the UK 4runner and upon looking at the pictures the inlet and exhaust valves are in the wrong places!!

rang local toyota garage they will not supply valve clearance details spoke to toyota in Epsom Surrey they cannot help either

Any ideas?
    Carol - the attachment "valve clearance 1" is for the petrol 4 runner
    the other two relate to the diesel 4runner - hope this helps!

Attached Files
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

thanks Linda, unfortunately those relate to adjusting tappets, mine are shims, and the inlet and exhaust sequence is different on mine for some strange reason!! can i be cheaky and ask is there any information on page 16? i notice at the bottom of 15 it just starts to cover the 3.0 engine

Carol

Comment

Have a look in the engine manual on Codlords site.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

Just found it for you.

Intake 0.20-0.30mm 0.008-0.012 in

Exhaust 0.25-0.35mm 0.010-0.014 in

Cold
        Last edited by andy; 11 February 2004, 19:20.

Comment

thanks Linda, unfortunately those relate to adjusting tappets, mine are shims, and the inlet and exhaust sequence is different on mine for some strange reason!! can i be cheaky and ask is there any information on page 16? i notice at the bottom of 15 it just starts to cover the 3.0 engine

Carol
          notice linda not on now hope this helps page 16

crap that but notice andy posted good one
          Enjoying Life after Cancer
          Pops

Comment

Thanks

Sorry Pops cant read whats in the picture, but thanks anyway, i will check out the site that Andy has highlighted

Comment

Sorry Pops cant read whats in the picture, but thanks anyway, i will check out the site that Andy has highlighted
              Heres Page 16... This is all from Max Ellery's Hilux/4Runner 79-97 handbook - can be picked up from Amazon.com .... shows the shims too!!!

Attached Files
              Last edited by Linda; 11 February 2004, 20:13.
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Linda, i ill try amazon for one of those manuals,

Comment

lets us know how you get on, and if it makes any difference to the noise, mpg etc of the engine. Been thinking about it myself but cause they're shims I've chickened out!!!

goodluck
                  Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

This is the extract from the 3.0 Diesel manual.

Rich.

http://www.afm15.dial.pipex.com/surf...0Clearance.pdf
                    If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Working...
                    X