Battery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery

Hi Guy's, does anybody know a place around Farnborough or Camberley where they sale resonable priced batteries, also how much should I be expected to pay?

Thanks
    Paulo

Originally posted by THOREX
    Hi Guy's, does anybody know a place around Farnborough or Camberley where they sale resonable priced batteries, also how much should I be expected to pay?

Thanks
    Paulo

Don't know where in you area, but they should cost no more than 45 quid each.

Try your nearest motor factors, don't forget the batteries are handed left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Don't know where in you area, but they should cost no more than 45 quid each.

Try your nearest motor factors, don't forget the batteries are handed left and right.

The reason I am looking for a battery is for camping, I got a TV that works with 12V, I taught to get a spare battery and use it to power the TV and when the battery is low to swoop it with one of the charged ones from the truck, drive around to recherché the low one, can I do that? Or will be some implications that I am not aware?

Thanks
      Paulo

Comment

Originally posted by THOREX
        The reason I am looking for a battery is for camping, I got a TV that works with 12V, I taught to get a spare battery and use it to power the TV and when the battery is low to swoop it with one of the charged ones from the truck, drive around to recherché the low one, can I do that? Or will be some implications that I am not aware?

Thanks
        Paulo
        No problems with doing that.

When camping, I disconnect one of my batteries so that I'll have enough power to start the truck, and use the connected battery to power the fridge and music ect. from the lighter sockets that I've fitted in the rear cargo area.
        Re-connect both batteries before driving off to re-charge them.

Comment

When camping, I disconnect one of my batteries so that I'll have enough power to start the truck, and use the connected battery to power the fridge and music ect. from the lighter sockets that I've fitted in the rear cargo area.
          Many thanks for your help.

Paulo

Comment

Apart from some car batteries can't cope with been cycled like that.....

...... they don't like it up em!

Ordinary car batteries have not been designed to run nearly flat then recharged (it's called deep cycling) although running a telly for a few hours should not have any i'll effects if you intent to flatten it completely (or nearly flat) you might be better with a leisure battery
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
            X