Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noise from rear.

Hi Can anyone help please?

Whilst driving every now and again there is a squealing sound from around the rear O/S wheel, when reversing it a tiny squeak but the noise increases up to about 2000rpm the stops and its only now and again. I have checked brakes, ujs, exhaust, and greased the prop Checked all levels and still it continues any ideas please?

Now on full lock when turning right there is a major cracking sound again from the rear O/S wheel. Help please

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by mystery
    Hi Can anyone help please?

Whilst driving every now and again there is a squealing sound from around the rear O/S wheel, when reversing it a tiny squeak but the noise increases up to about 2000rpm the stops and its only now and again. I have checked brakes, ujs, exhaust, and greased the prop Checked all levels and still it continues any ideas please?

Now on full lock when turning right there is a major cracking sound again from the rear O/S wheel. Help please

Thanks in advance
    i had a cracking thump type of noise coming from back wheel when i looked i found the drop link for the roll bar had come out dont know if thats the noise you hear but have a look at it to see if nut as come off or if it snapped. dont know if that helps
    Last edited by pirate-storm; 27 April 2007, 05:07.

Comment

thanks for the info it was just the job and the problem all sorted now.

many thanks for taking the time to reply

Comment

Was it the wheel bearing?
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 May 2007, 10:12.

Comment

vince, read the rest of the thread quick before trev gets hold of you
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

That better?

Comment

much better, that'll keep the witch hunt off ya back for a week or two
              TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
              X