front anti roll bar bushes and drop links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front anti roll bar bushes and drop links

i know this subject is well coverd but there is one question that is bothering me that i cant find an answer to.
    when my truck is sitting on the ground as normal i can't get any movement out of either front or back a/r/b's, but if i jack the front up, (one side only) i can grab the front a/r/b and move it from side to side about 8mm and up and down about 2mm, i don't mean flexation from the bushes, but actual travel, is it normal?

A bit side to side is normal - up and down at the bushes = worn bushes. Try tightening them to start.

New ones don't cost much off roughtrax.
    Another member of the 'A' team

Comment

yep what boyo said, you need a 14mm long reach socket to get to the nut under the suspension leg mate. or if you mean flex in the bar attached to the chassis then its new bushes. roughtrax or milners will do you proud.
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

front A/R/B

thanks for your help blokes, i didn't realise that nut on the drop links was a
        14mm, looks a bit strange, the drop link thread ends look quite robust and the nuts look tiny more like 10 or 12mm, may have been off in the past and replaced with the wrong nuts, the rubber boots on the top of the drop links are perished to death as well as the bushes on their shafts that are badly corroded, so i will have to replace them both,
        shame really because its the anti roll bar bushes where the slack is noticed and they don't look perrished, must be just worn.
        it's funny and can be expensive how you set out to do one thing and end up having to do something els as well.
        take the rough with the smooth.

Comment

i find they are no bother at all if you just rip them off and keep them in the shed mate
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

a/r/b bushes

i've read a few links about taking them off compleatly,
            i might take them off tommorrow night, and then order some bits if i notice any difference in handeling, seeing as mine are sliding from side to side and up and down any way, i shouldn't really notice much.

Comment

i took both mine off and get a bit more body roll but i just take it a bit steadier cornering or at r/abouts
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

ok, thanks, i know what i'm looking for, interestingly i've just read a link from november 06 about tightening the bushes on the drop links, the rear ones on mine dont look very compresed attall, compared to the front they look as if they could have been fitted yesterday, i'll just have to get on the case and do some spanner dancing.

Comment

Working...
                X