yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starter motor removal- how much of a pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor removal- how much of a pain?

I want to get my started motor of to refurb the solenoid plunger- how much of a pain is this or should I give it to a garage?

Originally posted by laser_jock@work
    I want to get my started motor of to refurb the solenoid plunger- how much of a pain is this or should I give it to a garage?
    Looking at your profile if it's a body lift should be easy peasy!..........

....... otherwise

It's a bit of a pain to get to the bolts and you've got to Jiggle the thing about to get it out. TO be blaitantly honest, I can't remember how I got mine off
    Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

pain...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26016

Comment

Its not that bad, take the fuel filter out and it comes up and out quite easy.

With a body lift you're laughing.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN

With a body lift you're laughing.

Seems to make almost every job a lot easier- worth doing the lift just for that!

Comment

i chickened out as i don't really have anywhere to work on it nor a trolly jack or stands and gave it to a garage with a print out from this site on how too.... Ouch £220 quid later and one $$$$ed off garage saying how impossible they are to work on. He also confessed to breaking off a bolt that screws into the engine block.
            two days later I drive to Dublin 100 miles away, park up, come out she wont start ..in fact the starter is hanging off the engine, i push it back in, wedge it with a bit of metal pole and start her to get her home, one $$$$ed off me...back to garage and he has her fixed again ... but for how long....

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Working...
            X