Red Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Button

hi all newbie here so be kind...got a prob with my 1995 ssxr 3.0 when i 1st bought it i had to press the red button before i could change gear (pain in arse) took it to toyota £35 and 12 seconds later i didnt have to do it again ... all of a sudden i do and the mrs cant reach both at same time so has stolen my rx7 till its done ........ PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME GET MY BABY BACK

thanks all

all you need to do is put your foot on the brake in order to move the gear selector.The red button is for when you want to move the gear selector without having the ignition on
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

and if pressing the brake pedal doesn't work, then its your brake light bulbs thats gone. Honest!
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

nope mate tried all of that and the gear stick wont move without the button pressed at same time as moving it .. nearly put footbrake through floor when she said she was taking my car till it was done .. and still no joy just a real royal kick in the nuts. ... will go now and check lights .. cheers

Comment

well fair play your $$$$$$ amazing lol i have no brake lights what so ever...all of this happened 2 days ago when i plugged my neighbours caravan into my truck to test their electrics, so now i have a bigger $$$$$$ problem ,,,

Comment

Originally posted by doely_ssxr
            well fair play your $$$$$$ amazing lol i have no brake lights what so ever...all of this happened 2 days ago when i plugged my neighbours caravan into my truck to test their electrics, so now i have a bigger $$$$$$ problem ,,,
            your better off keeping a spare couple of brake light bulbs in the surf just to be on the safe side

Comment

Chin up, at least the brake bulbs are easy to change, wait til the headlights need changing
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

done the headlights when i bought the prism's and black covers. but do you think its just the bulbs or could it be linked to the towbar electrics ?

Comment

done the headlights when i bought the prism's and black covers. but do you think its just the bulbs or could it be linked to the towbar electrics ?
                  the towbar electrics may be sh1tted up a bit so it may pay to give them all a good clean

Comment

The main problem could well be with neighbour's van, I would change bulbs and see how it goes.
                    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

could have done the fuse if there was something up with the caravan electrics. think its in the drivers footwell
                      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X