transmission problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transmission problem

Recently bought second gen 3.00 litre auto, all well until first longish journey, after approx 50 miles stopped at a junction then tried to move forward and no gear, eventually switched off ignition and restarted and managed to get going. I thought perhaps I had knocked the hi/low lever into neutral. This or similar happened four times on the 130 mile journey always when the car was brought to a stop and occasionally clunking back in to gear again. Also slipping in lower gears, to the point that I was not sure if I was going to make it up the hills.
    Checked transmission fluid level, and plenty there but really foul, burnt smelling muddy gunge. So dropped the transmission sump, magnets covered in gunge, filter fairly clogged, cleaned everyting up and got about 4 litres of dexon 2 in, I will repeat the process until I get the fluid cleaner, This seems to have made a improvement, but wont be convinced until I take it on a lon ger drive. However now have another problem, may have always been there, just not found, if accelarating hard or going up a hill in reverse the truck judders severely. All other gears seem fine, smooth changes, could this still be a transmission fluid problem i.e get more gunge out.
    Excellent forum, advice gratefully recieved, to return the favour, I have done a deal of research on veg oil systems, sourced very good quality components and fitted them to my surf ,excellent results. Anyone interested let me know

Double posting. Check reply in this thread : http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...988#post291988
    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Working...
    X