yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hope it aint the head.......................... ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope it aint the head.......................... ..

Did a short journey and found radiator split along the top and froth coming out.

Hopefully just a split rad..............

We'll see!

Dave

I hear the rads love to go across the top! When my head went (cracked) there was no excessive pressure in the system. There was no sign of anything. Pin holes are common across the top.

Nice new rad for you then unless you are happy to solder. Depends on the size of the split?

Fingers crossed head is good so don't run it till full of fresh coolant mix and rad is good.
    Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

Changing the rad is easy enough. Getting to the thermostat wasn't! I'm sure big hands are not a help in these situations.

Well at least all gubbins are off. There was plenty of coolant in the rad and the block. Just need the roughtrax order to arrive so I can rebuild.

Dave 'bag hands'!

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
        Did a short journey and found radiator split along the top and froth coming out.

Hopefully just a split rad..............

We'll see!

Dave
        I had the same problem, top header tank cracked 3 times....... then found the head was cracked!

Here's hoping your's was just the radiator
        Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650
          I had the same problem, top header tank cracked 3 times....... then found the head was cracked!

Here's hoping your's was just the radiator
          All I can do is replace the rad and wait.....

Dave

Comment

Fingers crossed.......I got the pin hole thing on mine during a run up to Wales......ended up replacing the CHG.

Comment

Well new rad in. Doesn't fit brilliantly considering its a Toyota part. The holes to mount it are a little too narrow!

How long after you noticing rad problems did you need to do the chg/new head thing?

Ta

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X