Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi Folks

I have a kzn130 that seems to be baffling everyone so far.

Last year it had new head,rad,thermstat, water pump and service. 3 weeks ago it had a full service. Just before it had started to smoke a grey/white colour so I thought oh s**t. But its not using water or oil, theres no cross contamination and the thing pulls like a dream.

On tickover it smokes like a bonfire, once its running at speed it clears.

Has anyone ANY suggestions as to what it could be PLEASE before I turn the whole thing into a bonfire !!

Have you done the REDEX Treatment.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Check EGR valve is not stuck .
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

After the heavy dose of redex and dissconnect the EGR (not just pull the hose off, the valve could be stuck open, slip a little bit of shim steel down ones of the joins to block it off), Try the diagnostics codes, then you need to test the cooling system again for leaks, and then compression check the motor. Once you've proved its mechanically sound, then I'd send the injectors off to be reconn'ed, and it that still dosn't cure it look at the fuel pump itself.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          After the heavy dose of redex and dissconnect the EGR (not just pull the hose off, the valve could be stuck open, slip a little bit of shim steel down ones of the joins to block it off), Try the diagnostics codes, then you need to test the cooling system again for leaks, and then compression check the motor. Once you've proved its mechanically sound, then I'd send the injectors off to be reconn'ed, and it that still dosn't cure it look at the fuel pump itself.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Done the redex to death already. Will try the EGR if someone would like to tell me just what that is !! and where please

Comment

Originally posted by The bailiff
            Thanks for the advice guys.

Done the redex to death already. Will try the EGR if someone would like to tell me just what that is !! and where please
            http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31755

Comment

Originally posted by The bailiff
              Hi Folks

I have a kzn130 that seems to be baffling everyone so far.

Last year it had new head,rad,thermstat, water pump and service. 3 weeks ago it had a full service. Just before it had started to smoke a grey/white colour so I thought oh s**t. But its not using water or oil, theres no cross contamination and the thing pulls like a dream.

On tickover it smokes like a bonfire, once its running at speed it clears.

Has anyone ANY suggestions as to what it could be PLEASE before I turn the whole thing into a bonfire !!

I would get the head pressure tested.

Comment

just me thinkin...... (I must stop it hurts)

couldn't be anything to do with TPS, or some sort of sensor/valve causing overfuelling at idle, ok at higher revs because it's closer to where it should be. Could it???

I honestly don't know if this is even a possibility so it's a definate question for someone to take the $$$$ out of rather than a 'get your mech to check it' statement if u like.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Working...
                X